Topics to be Covered *
- Basic Concepts – bits and bytes, computer jargon, etc.
- Hardware & Peripherals including storage media.
- Software – Operating Systems.
- Files and Folders – file formats, saving & locating files, creating folders, organizing data, etc.
- Software – Productivity (e.g. Word, Excel, PPT, Prezi) & Practical Applications
- Internet Security/Networks
- Touch Screen Technology - Tablets and SMART Boards
- Multimedia Applications such as electronic resumes, audio & video editing
- Ethical Use of Technology
- MS Office Word Assignment
- System Specs Assignment.
- Print Design Project – colour brochure.
- Presentation project – topic of choice, demonstration of speaking skills, technical proficiency and creativity.
- News Article Assignment on technology.
- Build-Your-Own Computer Assignment
- Two Interim Tests - short answer, multiple choice and workstation exercises.
- Final Exam – written (multiple choice & short answer) and practical.
Length and Methods of Course
- About 34 weeks x 40 min./wk. formal teaching time.
- Mixed format – lecture with PowerPoint/Prezi, demonstrations, field trips and special guests, hands on activities & some lab format with workstation setup.
- Some written information in the form of handouts will be given.
- Reference material also to be posted to the web site or server.
*Topics may vary due to time constraints or specific needs.