This statement of faith expresses the essential Christian convictions of our school. It reflects the faith of all our staff and board members and will be the theological basis of our teaching.
1. We believe that there is one, true God and that God exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. As God’s only Son, born of the Virgin Mary, Jesus lived and taught the word of God, died on the cross for the sins of humanity, was resurrected in body and spirit, and ascended into heaven.
3. We believe in the need of every human being for salvation and for the continuing work of the Holy Spirit in the life of every Christian believer. We believe that salvation is a free gift of God, received when a person places their faith in Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that God continues to work in history and that His kingdom will culminate in the return of Jesus Christ. Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead. As God raised Christ from the dead, so shall His followers be raised to eternal life.
5. We believe that the Bible is the inspired, authoritative word of God in the original autographs. The scriptures reveal the nature and work of God. They serve as a guide for daily life and the final authority in matters of faith.
6. We believe that the church is the body of Christ, the visible expression of His life in the world. The church is a community of believers who gather for worship, encouragement, fellowship, accountability, and mission. The participation of believers in the work of the local church is an essential part of the Christian life.
7. We believe that Christian unity transcends all barriers of race, culture, gender or denomination. Christians are called to follow Christ’s teaching and example; to treat each other with love, honour and respect and to strive to be God’s witnesses in their homes and in the world.